Friday, September 23, 2005

Cut off by my ISP!!

So I goto check my email the other day and after some confusion realized that my internet was down. I called my ISP and they informed me that my account had been suspended for bandwidth violations. I didn't even know they had a limit on bandwidth. So after some knoodling they reactivated my account and told me to watch it. They also informed me that they had been emailng me at the account I got with my service, again I didn't even know that existed. I have no need for ISP based email, your ISP changes too often and its a pain to change email addresses. Anyway so I read the letters and then goto this page that tells me my usage, this is what it read.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly combined bandwidth limit: 15360 MB
Current month's bandwidth used to date (MB)
Upstream: 83737
Downstream: 70610

Current month's percentage of combined limit used: 1004 %
Current month's estimated bandwidth usage (based on the current daily average usage): 201300 MB
Estimated amount current limit will be exceeded by (based on the current daily average usage): 185940 MB

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if I am using 100 times what I am alotted I really don't think this relationship with my ISP is gonna work out. I asked and they can't offer me another package, their loss.

No comments: