Thursday, June 30, 2005

The stationary store by my house

I do Origami, I know its odd but its something I picked up and I like it ok. So here's the thing. There is a store by my house that sells paper and paper accessories. So I wandered in there today on my way home from my 3 hour stint at work. I asked the shopkeeper if he had any origami paper, that I needed black and white paper. I'm working on an origami chess set and need black and white paper. The shopkeep in turn looked at me like I just pulled a pink elephant out of my ass. He told me he didn't know what I meant. In turn I again said I was looking for origami. Again, a look of total wonderment. Now I was getting a little wierded out by this guy. He then says he has never heard of origami, he knows not what I say. I again said, origami, you know, paperfolding. He still didn't know what I meant. I asked him how long he had been selling paper and paper accessories. About 20 years. I said and you've never heard of origami or paperfolding, he just shook his head. I walked out feeling quite stressed over the whole episode.

No comments: