Sunday, June 12, 2005

To the rescue

On Friday I was driving down Ridout Street by the BlackFriars bridge and the car ahead of me stopped. On the side of the road I saw a small racoon that looked real sick.

There were dozens of animal rights stickers on the back og this car, and the woman who stepped out motioned for me to join her. I figured 'What the hell,' and joined her.

The racoon (raccoon? It looks wrong both ways), hid under the car. They bite pretty quick, and this one had distemper or infections of some sort, so we weren't about to stick our arms underneath for kicks. She was calling people from her radical group, the London Animal Alliance, for some supplies for saving this guy. I think most of it's legs were broken.

Her friend Florine, a leader of the group, and her fairly attractive sister came with her net. After we got it out it was tangled in the net, and in the process of getting it to the cage fairly attractive sister was bit badly. When we cut the net up I recommended returning it to Canadian Tire because they take anything.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So was the raccoon ok?